Who me?

My photo
Laketown, WA
Welcome to my blog. Fabric has always been a passion of mine! I love looking, touching, feeling, smelling and of course creating with fabric. I was a professional seamstress for 13 years and now sew for relaxation and the pure joy of seeing a finished creation. It is my hope to share my triumphs and temptations with you. Love to all. MB aka apiecedheart.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring On In

I can't wait for Spring! Truly. I need warmth and flowers and more
?fabric?

Of course I do. And I know the perfect way to do that...SHOPPING!

And the perfect places!

2012 Quilters Anonymous 31st Annual Quilt Show - March 16, 17 & 18, 2012
Evergreen State Fairgrounds.

Check it out...they are loaded for quilts on display and vendors.

then...

Quilt Tour 2012 - “SEW NORTHWEST"
March 21-24 Tri County Shop Hop-Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom County

The Busy Bee Quilters of Snohomish County 2012 Raffle Quilt will be hanging at the Quiltmaker's Shop in Arlington too. That would be the quilt I may have mentioned having a hand in ... Come out and get your winning ticket! and some fabric.


Starlight Garden

Then it is off to:


La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum—March 31 and April 1.
This fundraising event will feature a specialty Fabric Sale, a Book Sale, a mini Flea Market, StashFest Experiences, door prizes, and a great line-up of artisanal fabric presenters.

Check it out at www.stashfest.com

On a past note:

Retreat was alot of fun! It was all about sewing, chatting, eating, sewing and did I mention eating...I tell ya all, Camp Huston sure knows how to feed a crowd. And I was in "sweat shop heaven" all attached to my sewing machine and fabric for 3 full days!


The large quilt top - my sister's... the 2 little doll quilts - those would be mine...for my lovely little grandaughter's.

OH! one more adventure: Quilt Olympics! March 15, 2012 with the Busy Bee Quilter's Guild of Snohomish County. It's another day of "quilting"! The guild will be making quilt tops all day for children's charities. I even get to take half the day off from work. How can that go wrong?

February was busy. March even more so. But all in fun and the enjoyment of doing what I like best. It's always a pleasure to meet up with people who enjoy what you do and meet new people too. I encourage you to get out on an adventure! Do what you like to do best.

Love to You.

Marianne aka apiecedheart

No comments: