Who me?

My photo
Laketown, WA
Welcome to my blog. Fabric has always been a passion of mine! I love looking, touching, feeling, smelling and of course creating with fabric. I was a professional seamstress for 13 years and now sew for relaxation and the pure joy of seeing a finished creation. It is my hope to share my triumphs and temptations with you. Love to all. MB aka apiecedheart.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 8, 2012

The Challenge is on!

I am not by any means a competitive person. Not one bit.

I do however love a challenge.

And if I learn something new from it...well it is great...and if by chance I get it done on time it's even better.

Again this year I decided I would enter the (challenge quilt)  at the Guild - this years challenge...      "Where in the World?"



This is a snippet of my world.
My personal challenge has been to cut and assembly
 a couple hundred pieces of fabric
 onto a background... and stay focused!
Well... how am I doing? 
(almost done - woohoo)

 Now let's see what the attendees of the Busy Bee Quilt Show think!


Like I said - again this year I took on a challenge... and like I said - stay focused...
and like always I had a little hick up in the attention department.


While I should have been working on getting quilts ready for show I was a little busy
Getting sidetracked.

For Example

Finding that perfect piece to display my quilts
And while I was hunting my treasure I found this fantastic shop that
sell antiques, vintage and newer refurbed furnishings that I just know I will
have a hard time staying out of.

And since one of the boys is graduating college and moving far away :(
I WILL HAVE A NEW QUILTY SPACE
that needs to be decorated!
So Excited.

(Of course I will miss him)

Oh and did I mention I love a challenge!
And did I mention that attention thingy again!
Cuz sometimes I do get a little side tracked.
And some times I don't
And when I don't...I manage to get things done
especially if I make a promise.
And I promised to make a dolly nightie for the Fish Bowl Raffle
 for the Busy Bee Quilt Show - Beeutiful Quilts 2012
July 27-29, 2012
Monroe High School, Monroe WA

and even that was a challenge
because... I did not have pattern and was a little procrastinating at going out and buying one.

And this is what I came up with

It even comes with a matching quilt and pillow

Come check it out!




Yes, I have been challenged. Challenged to create. Challenged to stay focused. Challenged to get it done!  And I am so excited that this year I will have 4 quilts in the show, and I have learned new quilty techniques! 

(And dolly ones too)




1 comment:

Pat V. said...

Ooh, I'm liking your challenge quilt! Is the map fabric in the flowers? I didn't think of anything in time...