Who me?

My photo
Laketown, WA
Welcome to my blog. Fabric has always been a passion of mine! I love looking, touching, feeling, smelling and of course creating with fabric. I was a professional seamstress for 13 years and now sew for relaxation and the pure joy of seeing a finished creation. It is my hope to share my triumphs and temptations with you. Love to all. MB aka apiecedheart.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Summer Time!

Where have i been? 

around town

Yes I've been quilting!! Of course I have!! 
In fact this simmer I finally put 3 items in the Evergreen State Fair. 

I can't wait to go out and see all the quilts on display... 

And while I wait...I have more summer activities with family and friends. Going from party to party and eating really good food. 


For little miss Anika's birthday I made one of my favorite salsas. MANGO SALSA! Or sometimes called CARIBBEAN SALSA when I add cayenne pepper! 

It's Sweet. Tangy. And Spicy. 

My friends have asked me to share the recipe and I learned young its nice to share. 

Here's the recipe: enjoy! 



Mango Salsa

2 lg ripe mangos
1 large ripe papaya
2 each mini red, orange, yellow peppers
1 large sweet onion
1 bunch green onions 
Habanero peppers (per taste)
Anaheim peppers (per taste)
Crushes red pepper
Kosher or sea salt
1 cup pineapple juice or crushed pineapple
2 large limes - juiced 
Cilantro
 - Jamaican Allspice 1 tbs

Clean, peal and chop all fruits and onions. Add salt peppers, allspice. Stir well. Add pineapple juice -and  juice of limes. Mix. 
Chop cilantro and mix in. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Makes 2 quarts. 

No comments: