Who me?

My photo
Laketown, WA
Welcome to my blog. Fabric has always been a passion of mine! I love looking, touching, feeling, smelling and of course creating with fabric. I was a professional seamstress for 13 years and now sew for relaxation and the pure joy of seeing a finished creation. It is my hope to share my triumphs and temptations with you. Love to all. MB aka apiecedheart.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Progress in the Making

This past week has been eventful.
Work all week
Auction Night at the Guild
Weekend spent with grandchildren
Granny's Star Quilt.
and...
I sent my first ever to be long arm quilted quilt off to the Longarm Quilter. She is so fantastic. She called me today to let me know it is ready!! I can't wait to pick it up.(I'll post a pic, promise).


Just as I was trying to put all my attention into getting projects done... the grandkids came to sweep me away from my list of to do's. (how could I resist?)
In celebration of Easter we colored eggs. They had so much fun making up designs and colors. What a pleasure to see them being creative. (my favorite thing to be) We went to see the movie RIO... Oh my, the beautiful colors!!! What inspiration for creating a colorful quilt with birds and flowers...
Oops! there I go again, getting off track.
It was truly a weekend of colors and inspiration for creating.

...check this out!
5 color ways done!
3 of 4 borders done!

I did manage to stay on track as I promised myself and have completed 10 of the 12 blocks for the Granny’s Star Quilt. I have one boarder left to appliqué and all the yoyos are ready! I really did focus! Even through all the activities!

(I can't take credit for this one. It's a beautiful quilt found in the Fons and Porter July/August 2009 magazine, pg 78, Granny's Stars)

I do so hope you find inspiration for a fresh idea, or simply to pick up an unfinished project and make progress at getting it completed. Happy Spring you all! Love to you...MB aka apiecedheart.

1 comment:

Iara Barros said...

Muito bonito este bloco.beijos