Who me?

My photo
Laketown, WA
Welcome to my blog. Fabric has always been a passion of mine! I love looking, touching, feeling, smelling and of course creating with fabric. I was a professional seamstress for 13 years and now sew for relaxation and the pure joy of seeing a finished creation. It is my hope to share my triumphs and temptations with you. Love to all. MB aka apiecedheart.
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Satisfied?

Yesterday was the most beautiful and warmest day so far in Western Washington. I had the pleasure of picking up my quilt from the quilter (more on that later)... and then a day spent with my two granddaughters at the park...a visit with my mom and sister... and then a quiet night at home chasing bunnies!

This morning I rose early, made Easter breakfast, and the kids came over. It was a nice Easter Day! Life has changed so much since having little kids. My sister's and I used to have big Easter lunches. Now the family is so big with new grandkids and our children's spouse/friends. And we just don't have space to get us all together. I miss those days!

As for the quilt theory.

1. When sending a quilt out to be quilted make sure this is really something you want to do.

2. When you get it home and you look at it and say to yourself, "Why did I pay for that...I could have done it myself", don't pay for this service...do it yourself!

I have a long arm sit down quilting machine and have been quilting smaller quilts on it. I enjoy this task as much as any other. Maybe better than some. I have never sent a quilt to a longarm quilter in the past and I was very hesitant to let this beauty go. It is finished very nicely, however I look at my quilt and am unsatisfied with myself for not thinking I could have done just as good a job. I ask myself..."What were you thinking?"

A Pieced Heart Quilt Tip:

If there is a skill you have, don't pay to have someone do it for you... Have courage to do it yourself. In the end you will have greater satisfaction in your creation.

(A photo this quilt will be posted after it is bound and ready to hang)

Happy Easter. Love to you. MB aka apiecedheart

No comments: